NO POWER

1998 BMW 323 • 6 cylinder 2WD Manual • 130,000 miles

I have a 98 BMW 323is manual. This started about one month ago, when I would start the car I would hear a click sounding thing from the front of the car before the motor started. Now i've had it where when I would try to start the car I hear the click then everything would go dead. I mean everything no light no radio the whole car is dead. But if I wait for like 5 minutes and try it again I got power and the car would start. This has happened a couple times and everytime I would wait around 5 minutes and go again. But today I unlocked my car and everything died. I have asked a couple of buddies who said it might be the starter, a relay, fuses(i checked they look ok)bad ground somewhere. I checked the battery its good and clean. Any ideas?
Mpetruescu

You will need a volt meter. If you have one test BATT voltage post to post must be 12.45 or higher if good. Move test probe from post to terminal boyh POS and NEG one at a time voltage should not change. If good chek at B+ jumper and then at fuse box. Let me know what results are

Docfixit
Whats the cars' status now please?

Dr. Hagerty