A4 MY CAR STARTS JERKING AT 1500 RPM

1998 Audi Quattro • 6 cylinder AWD Manual • 125,000 miles

I have Audi Quattro A4 1998 2.8 v6 30v 125,000 miles and it's manual. My car starts jerking at 1500 rpm and the rpm slows down and it always lacks power. When I drive I have to press the gas pedal all the way to the floor to make the car start to move. I changed the gas filter already but that didn't help. I went to this one place where they checked my computer and the code told me that there is a "throttle position malfunction" problem and also the check engine light is on and sometimes the car starts jerking while it's idling and the check engine light flashes. Also, I have to start my car a couple of times to make it idle by itself and another thing is that I have to be in 5th gear to drive normally on the highway.

2CarPros-Archives

Sounds like you need to replace the throttle position sensor or check it's wiring, connection, and function.

2CarPros-Archives