TOYOTA RAV4 ENGINE PROBLEM

1997 Toyota Rav4 • 215,000 miles

I bought this '97 Rav4 for my daughter and I've working through a list of issues with it, some of which have been solved on this site. Now that the car is being driven it has set two codes PO133 and PO401. For the EGR code I bought a used EGR at a junkyard and the code stayed off for a few days and came back. The engine has developed a poor idle during a stop. This happens only sometimes, but when it does idle poorly it will come close to stalling. When accelerating the engine feels underpowered.
I checked the timing, and it is around 15 degrees. It should be 10 according to the manual. The distributor in this car is un-adjustable.
The worst part of the way the car is running is the gas mileage. It's getting about 160 miles to a tank of gas, and that's on a good day. The car should get around 19-21 mpg (all wheel drive).
Any help you can give me would be great. I know my daughter is to the point where she can't afford to drive the car.

Sixgunn