TOYOTA LANDCRUISER ENGINE PROBLEM

1997 Toyota Landcruiser

Hi,
This is not a repair question but rather a clarification on an issue that I found mixed answers on the net.
My question is regarding weather there is or there is not an OBD2 on the car and where is it located.

There are some good bluetooth smartphone applications that enable connection to the OBD2 to monitor the engine. And that is what I would like to do with my car.

I bought my car in an auction in JAPAN (rhd) and shipped it to Europe to prepare it for an overland trip The car details are as follows:
Please be aware when answering that it is a Japanese make for Japan. I mention this because could be that are variations between the different markets

Vehicle: 80 Series Land Cruiser VX Ltd
Year: 1/6/ 1997
Model (under bonnet): KC HDJ81 VRNPGWX
Chassis No: HDJ81 0076911
Engine Type: 1HD FT 4164cc Turbo-Diesel, 6 cylinders, 24 valves, direct injection SOHC
Transmission: Automatic

Kimmron

Look under the hood for a sticker that says that it is obd 2 compliant. If it is, the connector is under the left side of the dash in that area,

Hi Roy,

Your answer is the kind of info that I've got on the internet search.
What I would like to know is if you or anybody actually knows that that this specific model it is OBD2 compliant. The sticker may or may not be there and the question is if for this Model and Year the the manufacturer started with OBD2 compliance.
If you don"t know may be you know to whom should I send an email on this and get a straight answer weather it is or it is not OBD2 compliant.
I have even the informationon the Plant name that this car wa manufactured at and the exact date of production. Somebody ought to know this OBD2 information.
Thanks for the help
Regards,
Israel

Kimmron
Did you try Toyota customer care?

Without me seeing it and inspecting myself, I cannot be sure. Look for the port first. If it is there, then you have your answer.

USA Toyota Customer care won't reply on Japanese models for the Japanese market

Kimmron
Have you checked Under Right Side Of Dash, In Footwell?

From my experience the OBD2 connectors are at least 2 inches x 1 inch and have 16 pins and are usually in plain site but may be hidden behind some paneling. I have attached a few images of what they look like here in the states. The OBD2 port is connected to the vehicle wiring loom so it can't be far from the dash area where the fuses connect and the rest of the interior and engine wiring are.

2CarPros Mike
Also check near wiper motor and be standing by-BTW why are you so concerned about it- Got a MIL/CEL On?-Let me know

Check Connector:

Hi,
Thanks for the effort of 2carpros experts.

Kimmron