TOYOTA CELICA HEATER PROBLEM

1997 Toyota Celica • 174,000 miles

By the driver side vent I have a switch on the top side is a vertical line and on the bottom side is a full circle. I can switch it to either or. I want to know what does this switch do.
Cody137

Sounds like the intensity switch for the dash lights for night driving

When it is on the full circle it runs better than when its on the vertical line why is this

Cody137
Can you post a picture? Makes no sense.

I would but I cant send pics off my phone cause I dont have internet on it I can tell you its a circle shaped switch and it can switch up to the vertical line or swich down to the full circle picture a push button that switches instead of pushing in or out its black and the two inprints are white

Cody137
I just went and checked it about the intensity of the lights and it didnt change any lighting at all so now what do you think it would be for

Cody137
Asemaster6371 will you please look into this for me and get back to me about what you find out because its driving me crazy that I do not understand what the switch is for and why it runs better switched to the full circle thanks very much

Cody137
Leaking vacuum motor in the heater box.