TOYOTA AVALON FUSE PROBLEM

1997 Toyota Avalon • 213,000 miles

Cooling fans not turning, easy to turn by hand, just started within the hour, was smoking when I got home from work, could it be the fuse? If so, where do I locate the fuse box?
Maddiestwinkle

Check yoruunderhood fuse box for the fuse and relay. They may have something caught in them or they are worn out causing them to smoke.

Ok, there are two fuse boxes under the hood, how do I know which fuse to check? It doesn't say "fan fuse". Some said heater, dash, etc. How do I know which one?

Maddiestwinkle
It is the one labelled RDI fuse.
Turn A/C on and test if both fans comes on.

No fans came on with ac

Maddiestwinkle
I have the cooling fan circuit here but you would need at least a testlight or DVOM to perform testings.

Test the fan motor first. One could have failed earlier and not noticed and now that both are not working, the temperature reading would go up.

The temp. Gauge didn't go up, there were no lights going off on the dash, how do I tell if the fuse is burnt out?

Maddiestwinkle
A DVOM would allow you to test the voltage at the output, i.E. The fan relay 1. If you have battery voltage, the fuse is good. Alternatively you can unplug the fuse and test for continuity.