WONT IDLE

1997 Saturn SW2

I have a 97 saturn sw2 we just replaced a piece of the fuel line going into the motor. Now it will start but it idles for a second then stalls out. Please help. Thank you
Mavrick

Go to this link for more information: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-stalls

Just to add to this one how did it run before the fuel line repair?The repair isnt leaking is it?Those lines arent ment to be repaired the whole line should just be replaced. Also any codes in the computer?Those 1997 saturn fuel pumps are known for bleeding down fuel pressure and casuing starts like that If you keep trying to start it like that will it start"If not try this hold the gas pedal all the way to the floor while starting it see if it starts that way. Let me know what you find.

It ran fine before it just got a hole burned into that little plastic fuel line so we fixed it with the appropriate fuel line then it happened again and a buddy of ours replaced it with a rubber line. Now it start it idles high for a second then slowly idles down and dies

Mavrick
Do you have any codes?Also have you checked the coolant temp sensor?

I don't really know about cars but there is a light that's been on that looks like a low coolant light

Mavrick
That wont keep it from starting that just means you have to check your coolant level. So it will idle fine and when you give it gas it dies?If so I would check to see what your actual fuel pressure is and check your coolant temp sensor with a multimeter.

No it drives fine just when you let off the gas it dies

Mavrick
I would check for codes first take it to a auto parts store like auto zone and have them scan your car for codes. If you have any let me know the exact code numbers not code desriptions. Also do you have a multimeter?What about a torx socket set and ratchet etc?