SATURN SW2 BATTERY PROBLEM

1997 Saturn SW2 • 145,000 miles

I bought this SW2 from a friend who was just going to scrap it. She said the security system was draining the battery. (Located in the backseat below the seat belt behind a panel) She said it made noise, but there is no obvious wire damage. Is there a way to reset it or "fix" the issue. Or maybe a relay connected to it?
LSecundino

I have never really seen a theft module on those cars drain the battery when they go bad the car usually won't start. What you have to realize is if a battery gets low enough electronic relays etc will click even if there good. The first thing I would do is have the alternator and battery tested? Just because someone heard something click doesn't mean its causing the battery to drain.

She told me that the Alternator and starter is new (she had them replaced. And I bought a brand new battery. After installing the battery for the first time it drained completely and died. I guess I have to get that alternator looked at again.

LSecundino
Yeah have the battery and alternaotr tested I dont care how new they are. If there good you will have to do a parastic load test to find the circuit that is causing the draw.

Ok, I took the battery back and had it tested. It's fine, but I got a different one anyways and had it tested before I left. The alternator is also good.. Hooked up the new battery and it's still draining super fast. Time to do some searching for a ground somewhere.

LSecundino
Why would a bad ground drain the battery?You need to do a parasitic draw test and pull a fuse out then put. It back in till you find the fuse where the draw is.