UPPER INTAKE MANIFOLD BOLTS

1997 Pontiac Transport • FWD • 118,000 miles

Am removeing the upper intake manifold to change the lower intake manifold do I need new bolts for the upper intake manifold and whats the specifications for the bolts upper and lower.
Msamgab

There is no pontiac tempest for that year in the u.S. Or we have no info on this. What engine is it?

Minvan pontiac transsport 97 am not talking about a pontiac tempest

Msamgab
Sorry my mistake, 18 ft lbs for upper intake no sequencelower intake bolts 115"lbs vertical and 18 '# diagonal. Lower bolts are reccomended to be replaced but you can reuse old bolts as long as thread locker is used on bolts. Blue type threadlocker. Pic included for lower torque sequence.

What about the rocker arms bolts whats the tightening for them

Msamgab
You didn't ask for rocker arm bolts. Those are step 1 124" lbs. Then an additional 30 degrees. Use a degree wheel if you can. They might be available for rental at an auto parts store.

Can you email me a pic of the degree wheel so I can the one I need

Msamgab
I dont have a pic of the degree wheel. An auto parts store may have the tool or it may be torque wrench that you can enter the torque plsu degree.45 degree would be like 12-2 on a clock and 30 would be less thatn that. If you have a carpenters square athome or a mitre box that will have it also.