I HAVE A BONNENILLE LE WITH A 3.8 ENGINE. I SUDDENLY LOST ABOUT A QUART OF COOLANT FROM THE RADIATOR; AND THE ENGINE WONT START. IHAVE HAD 2 REPAIR SHOPS TELL ME THIS IS 2 DIFFERENT ISSUES. PROBABLY A COMPUTER AND A INTAKE MANAFOLD PROBLEMS.

1997 Pontiac Bonneville • 75,000 miles

I lost a quart of coolant AND the engine wont start at the same time. 2 repair shops say there is no connection. This 2 different problems. Prabably the cars computer and the intake mamifold gasket. Your ideas appreciated. Sonny. Metcalf@yahoo. Com 505-327-3515
Sonny Metcalf

Whats not working? Spark or fuel pressure? You can locate leak with pressure test.

Fixitmr
A local GM dealer tells me the engine is ruined because of the anti- freeze inside the engine. Is this probable?

Sonny Metcalf
Seems unlikely unless you drove it that way for a time? Ask them to be more specific as to damage. Usually it's overheat related if at all.

Fixitmr