NISSAN TRUCK SENSOR PROBLEM

1997 Nissan Truck • 15,000 miles

I have a 1997 Nissan xe king cab pickup 4x4 4 cylynder 5 speed, ka24e engine. I have just replaced the timing chain & gears & I know for sure they were put in correctly with the markings matching on the chain with the markings on the gears, had the no. One piston up on the compression stroke before installing them.
My truck had a bad downstream oxygen sensor, code po141, replaced that, then I erased the code, this removed the check engine light.
I have a timing light and have connected it to the engine. My motor will not stay running at idle, I have tried retarding & advancing the timing & nothing has helped.
I think it is flooding out.
When I took the old oxygen sensor out, had to heat it with a torch, then the threads stripped out, so I went and bought a plug fouler because it had the threads to mate up with the oxygen sensor, drilled the hole a little larger for the fouler to fit, brazed it in and put down stream oxygen sensor in, now the oxygen sensor doesn't set down into the exhaust pipe as deep as it did before, just wondering if that could be a problem, but no check engine light is coming on showing any type of problem exist. I called the Nissan dealership and also checked the service book for this 1997 nissan and the timing sets on 10 degrees + or minus 2 degrees.
I have changed distributors, distributor caps, & the plugs. Know plug wires are good.
The motor runs good when plenty of gas is given to it, but will not idle.
Can you help me on this.
Uhsnoebird

Check for vacuum leaks between MAF and throttle body.
Check the valve clearances.