STALLING PROBLEM

1997 Nissan Maxima • 200,000 miles

Hi there!

I've been driving my maxima for over a year now. It has 201000 miles on it!
I just had the battery replaced last week, but now i'm facing a bigger problem. If I start my car it goes to about 1k rpms. When I pop it into gear, the rpms drop, and the car stalls.
ive found that if I start the car and let it run till the engine warms up, it runs ok. If I pop it into gear, the rpms drop to about 500, but the car runs.
tonight I ran into a big obstacle. I started my car, let the engine warm up, but not as much as I usually do. I got halfway down the road, the car was completely warmed up and running fine. I put my foot on the accelerator, but the car wouldnt accelerate, so I slowed down, the rmps dropped, the car stalled and I coasted to the side of the road.
I tried to start the car again, the rpms went up to 1k, but then rapidly fell untill the car stalled again. I repeated this process over and over, but to no avail, the car kept stalling! I even tried to trick my car by starting it up and pressing on the accelerator to boost the rpms, but they wouldnt go up.
Eventually I started it, pumped the accelorator untill they were at 2k rpms, then maintained theser rpms with my foot on the gas. I popped the car into drive, then quickly pressed the gas before it could stall, and got back on the road. About 5 mins down the road my car started acting normally again, and I made it home.
Im kindof panicking because I rely on my car to get to work, have no other transportation, and need my car until I can save up enough to buy a new one.
What could this possibly be? Alternator? Some kind of sensor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you very much
Ben
Thepenguinbeing

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first