QUESTION ABOUT CHANGING SPARK PLUGS

1997 Mitsubishi Montero • 2WD Automatic • 60,000 miles

1997 Mitsubishi Montero LS mileage: 60,000. I want to change the spark plugs, but it looks like I need to pull the fuel injection off the top to get at the plugs. Am I missing something? 1) Is it really that much work to get at the plugs? 2) It doesn't come with platinum plugs; can I use them since I have to go to so much trouble to get at them? 3) Is there a cheaper manual somewhere other than the dealer ($90)? Chilton's and Haynes don't make them for the '97.
2CarPros-Archives

Changing the spark plugs on the newer cars is getting more and more difficult. You do not have to pull the fuel injection off to change the plugs. Your car should be equipped with platinum plugs. A Mitchell or a specialty repair book for your make of car will have diagrams and or specifications showing what you are looking for. The manuals and books give step-by-step instructions

2CarPros-Archives