REPLACING A REAR WINDOW MOTOR/REGULATOR ON A SPYDER CONVERTIBLE.

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse • 100,000 miles

My son and I do weekend work on his spyder convertible and are to the point of repairing his left rear window motor. We have a new Denso motor/regulator (we suspect it's a right not a left tho- arm casting clearly has an r stamped on it). We're past removal of the side panels, speaker and speaker holder and puzzled at how to access the window unit itself. Appears to be inside a welded side panel with a small access hole too small to allow access/removal of the window and regulator. Do we come at this by removing the rear left quarter panel? If it turns out the regulator is for the right and not the left can we swap the motor out instead? We won't be getting back to it for a few days but sure would appreciate any help.
Carl2923

This is all we have on this.
Removal & Installation
?
Remove door trim panel and waterproof shield. Remove glass retaining screws and glass. SeeFig. 6 . Remove motor and slider assembly retaining bolts and remove motor and regulator assembly from door. To install,
reverse removal procedure. ?

Fig. 6:  Removing Power Window Motor & Regulator Assembly ?
Courtesy of MITSUBISHI MOTOR SALES OF AMERICA. ?

That's the front door. Rear of convertible has no door and the window unit is completely enclosed inside of a welded panel. Perhaps pointers on removing the rear quarter panel? Thanks, Carl

Carl2923
We dont have pointer on body stuff as it doesn't go into that. It may need to be cut away and then rewelded. Look for rivets holding a panel in that the motor may be hooked up to. Yo may have to drill the rivets and take out panel/mootor then put bolts sheet metal screws to hold panel in. You might also check online type in your car etc. Someone may have a utube postedon it.