97 MECURY

1997 Mercury Tracer • 4 cylinder Automatic • 156,000 miles

When I sart my car it idles rough, from a stop when I step on the gas pedal to go it will not go over 10 mph until all of a sudden it takes off like a rocket! I have changed the spark plugs, the wires, the 02 sensor and the MAF sensor and fuel filter and no luck. What else can it be?
Smilinva2001

First thing to check is for vacuum leaks get s can of spray throttle body cleaner and spray around vacuum lines and manifold. If the idle changes you found s leak. If no leaks change the ladle air Congolese valve.

Merlin2021
Sorry Android mishap that'd be the idle air control valve

Merlin2021
We have tried all of that

Smilinva2001
OK list all steps taken so I can more accurately help out.

Merlin2021
Also is the check engine light coming on?

Merlin2021
The check engine light came on P01132 we replaced the 02sensor, maf sensor and the idle control valve and and found 1 leaking vacuum line when we sprayed the throttle body cleaner. The check engine light does not come on now and it ran ok for a few days but started acting up again this morning.

Smilinva2001
Pay particular attention to vac leaks, but have you checked the throttle position sensor?And did you replace the PCV? If the wrong part is used it can result in these symtoms. Also please post your exact engine and model, this will help me looking up any other info specific to this, I did have one a while back that had stretch wiring harness Also have you cleared the codes and reset the KAM(keep alive memory)? Do this by removing the negative battery cable for a few minutes, you may have fixed the problem but Fords wont know it until the KAM is cleared! Post you email and I will send a bulletin about these types of codes.

Merlin2021
Split port induction 2000 is what is on the motor and it is a LS model
dstall2@cox. Net

Smilinva2001
Check your email I sent some info contained in a FLM Technical service bulletin.

Merlin2021
I am still fighting to get this car fixed the last repair man tells me it is the EGR valve control sensor but when I call the parts shop they say they have never heard of that. Is this an actual part?

Smilinva2001
Page 1 of 2