MERCURY COUGAR BATTERY PROBLEM

1997 Mercury Cougar • 125,000 miles

The battery keeps draining. I have measured the key-off pull and it is only.15 ma. I am not an expert in electrical stuff, but I don't think that is enough to have to worry about. Since it keeps draining I went ahead and did a "fuse pull" test. After I pullled every fuse there was no significant drop. Whenever I do start the car it seems to have barely any power -> I can press the gas but it spits and sputters for a few seconds and then starts working fine. The battery drain is more important for now, I just didn't know if the latter part was relevant to that problem.
Cstaff25

So at idle what is the battery voltage reading at the battery?

14.71v

Cstaff25
Have you had the battery tested yet?

Yes the battery is good

Cstaff25
I have seen batterys self discharge and load test good ethier something is draining the battery or its just not holding a charge. Try this after your done running the car remove the the negative battery cable over night and then when you go to start it hook the cable back up and see if the battery is drained?ALso please do the draw test with the test light like I posted.

Ok I will try these things, thanks. Also, I know the battery is losing about.16v every 1.5-2 hours.I tested this yesterday

Cstaff25
Alright keep me posted.

Turned out to be a dome light left on and bad terminals. Thanks for your help.

Cstaff25
Your welcome thats what were here for.