POPPING SOUNDS AND HESITATES TO ACCELERATE ?

1997 Mazda MPV • 180,000 miles

I have a 97 Mazda MPV, I had repairs done on the car which included replacing the muffler, Heated Oxygen Sensor (Bank 1 Sensor 1 H02S-11), the Radiator was replaced, and last Valve Cover Gasket from an oil leak which was the last thing I had done and about a week after the valve cover replaced the car was not acting normally, when I would start the car it would crank up then put off, the putting sounded like it was coming from the exhaust and under the car, this went on for about a month but the car drove fine after it started, that's not giving me so much trouble anymore, but the car is now acting like it doesn't want to accelerate when I take off, when I give it gas it putts and makes popping sounds and hesitates to accelerate and then all of a sudden it will pick up speed until I stop the car and accelerate again, and the check engine light is back on with the same code I already had fixed P1170, can you please help me decipher what my problem is, I feel I paid way to much to get my car fixed and its worse then it was before I had it repaired. Thanks alot Tracy
Redchild_1

The repairs you had done dont have anything to do with this issue. It sounds like plugs, wires or coil. You need these tested to confirm.