LINCON MARK 8

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII • V8 2WD Automatic • 100,000 miles

I cannot get my gear shifter out of park and my brake lights don't work either, can this be an easy fix, I mighta had something to do with it when I was looking for the factory code in the trunk, under the dash, under the hood, is this something simple?
Jabberbaggybritches

Check for a blown brake light fuse.

You may have to disconnect the cruse control switch on the proporting valve that fails due to brake fluid that shorts out and will continue to blow the fuse. Its in a tight spot under the car driver side. If you have to move the car turn key forward but don't start put in neutral then start just remember you will not have stop lights! Hope it helps

Carlcda
Alrighty, I checked the number 32 and 31 fuse ( taillights and brake lights) and both were blown, replaced and still cant get outta park, any ideas?

Jabberbaggybritches
Did you check to see if one of them popped again? If so, you have a short in one of the circuits that must be located and repaired.