LINCOLN CONTINENTAL ENGINE PROBLEM

1997 Lincoln Continental • 135,000 miles

Hi. After starting engine, it will run rough for a second then stall. I can get it started if I rev the engine right away and hold the pedal halfway down and the engine will run rough for about 30 seconds then it will be fine. This only happens after a hot soak of 30-45 minutes on warm or hot days. There's no vacuum leaks and the idle air valve was replaced recently. Thanks for the help!
Dazras

I also forgot to mention there's no codes or check engine light. Thanks!

Dazras
Understand No code/s- Try cleaning out the EGR valve and also the MAF sensor with its cleaner and see what happens-recheck the IACV

How do I clean them out? Do I have to remove them from the engine first? Which cleaner do I use? Thanks!

Dazras
You have to remove the EGR valve and use solvent or Carb cleaner/bore brushes-clean out all the ports as for the MAF sensor -get an electronic cleaner or buy the MAF sensor cleaner

I would also verify the fuel pressure.