TIMING CHAIN

1997 Jeep TJ • 4 cylinder 4WD Manual • 107,000 miles

97 jeep TJ. I can't get the crankshaft and camshaft timing marks to line up with the number one cyclinder a top dead center. I haven't removed the chain from the engine yet. I was just trying to check the timing because of misfire.
Noonesbetter

Maybe you are 180 degrees out? Roll the crank exactly one more revolution.

Was it running? If so you probably did not "jump timing"!

Hang with us, we will continue to talk you thru stuff. Till you are tired of us!

Please let us know what led to this---what you have done, rather what your evil friend has done! What you are trying to accomplish---The More Detail. The Merrier!

Even include your skills and tooling, so that you do not feel we are talking down to you.

I do this as a Hobby, I did not sign on for $$$. Others have. Most still try to help to the fullest extent. Way more than the $$$ they get!

Imma CJ guy, We can send pics also. Just for Poops and Giggles, I will send you a CJ timing chain and gears with their alignment.I made this for installing the distributor correctly for another CJ feller. Right now I'm pressed for time (wife thing, don't ever get one, just keep the girlfriends)

I will try to get you a pic of your "set up" to you when you respond with some info. And I return in a few hours

Do you have a repair manual. Which one?

The Medic