RRABS AND BRAKE LIGHTS NEED TO BE RESET.

1997 Honda Passport • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 83,500 miles

How do I reset the RrABS and Brake light on my 1997 Honda Passport? I replaced a major brake component on my passport (master cylinder, booster or something of that nature - I don't remember what it was, because it was a few years ago, then the car sat for the last few years for unrelated problems). I also replaced the brakes, themselves, and bled the brake system, but after replacing the parts and bleeding the system, the RrABS and Brake light were lit on my dash. I was told that I needed to manually reset the lights. I have read many blogs and articles on the subject, but my 1997 Passport doesn't seem to match the fixes described.

I have read that there is a single orange wire that needs to be grounded (supposed to be located in, at or behind the driver's side kick-panel), but it's not there. Another said that the lights should be reset using an OBDII scanner, but there are no codes or alerts that come up regarding the brakes or ABS system.

I have 2 different scanners that I know work, because I just used them on the same vehicle to find which cylinder had a bad coil pack and that I had a stuck EGR valve. Another said older systems have/had a 2-hole connector that you would jump with a piece of wire (I also read that you could get brake/ABS specific codes using the jumper and the orange wire).

People have suggested disconnecting the battery, removing, for a short time, the associated fuses and modules, but nothing I have tried has worked. I did notice that there is a wire connector with quite a few different colored wires, above the aforementioned kick-plate, that is not plugged into anything and there is nothing even remotely close to it that it could plug into, that leads me to believe that it is some type of diagnostic port (it is located very close to the OBDII port). It is not firmly attached to anything and is basically free to be moved around.
D@VE

Scan the ABS module for code/s-start here