I JUST REPLACED THE ENGINE ON FRIDAY WHICH WAS A F22B6 WITH A F22B AND IT WORKS BUT IT HAS ISSUES

1997 Honda Odyssey • 350 miles

For starters, I am in Venezuela where mechanics are not that capable. Nevertheless after having some issues with the oil pump they got corrected and they assembled the engine. I picked up the car on Friday afternoon and on the drive home when I hit the gas pedal to go above 40 mph it did not respond accordingly going into some kind of control as if a sensor is not connected. Then I accelerated the car in park and it did the same after reaching a certain level of rpms. In how much trouble I am in? I would donate but I have to talk to friends in the US to do it for me.
Eemiroj

Lets scanned the computer for codes and see where we stand-before we start-let me know

Is the Check Engine Light indicating?

This is the result of the scan of the computer.
06-01 ECT sensor input to cicuit High
08-02 noise in sensor 1 TDC
17-02 VSS without impulse or noise
To be more specific, from a human perspective, the engine as the gas pedal is pushed, it revs up to a certain point and when it reaches a certain level it stops accelerating and it cuts of, accelarates again and cuts off and so on. It does this either in park or while driving it.

Eemiroj
Let me reiterate, the engine was swapped from a f22b6 to a f22b and the oil pump had to be changed because of some sensor issue. Could it be that it is incorrectly assembled and that is one of the reasons that is giving out these readings on the computer scan?

Eemiroj
When trouble codes are present, the engine computer go into limp mode, at least when revving from idle and this problem would go away once the trouble codes are rectified.

If possible, get the OBD-II codes, they would be more accurate and informative. The codes provided are not OBD-II codes and seems to be manual codes.

06 is the Engine Coolant sensor. Ensure the sensor is correctly plugged in. There is a tendency for misinstallation, connectors being swapped with others nearby.

08 = TDC sensor. Check if it is plugged in correctly.

17 = Vehicle speed sensor. Have it checked. Speedometer should not be working or works intermittently if there is anything wrong with it.

Try clearing the codes and see if all comes back.

Thanks for the response. Now were is the TDC sensor on the 1997 Odyssey? I believe it is an assembly under the cover for the timing belt and is a combined sensor. Could you confirm that? The problem here in venezuela is that there is very little competence and the dealerships wont receive my car because of the year.

Eemiroj
Left end of cylinder head.

Eureka! Replaced the CKP/TDC and it got fixed. Let me see how to donate. Happy Holidays.
Emilio

Eemiroj
You can either use Paypal or send a check to our office.

Have a great day.