CAN IT BE THE ALARM SYSTEM OR KILL SWITCH

1997 Honda Civic

I have a 97 honda civic 5 speed won't crank lights turn on battery and starter is good alarm light on all the time
Acostaae

O yeah n it starts up good when u push jump Start it

Acostaae
Start with a battery test first before going anywhere. It may a simple repair. Basics first.

If you do not have even a slight click while turning the key, it most probably is not the starter or battery. The immobilizer would be the cause.

Try using a remote wire to jump the starter solenoid with battery voltage to test if it cranks.

All I get is humming noise under the dash. Could it be the ignition switch

Acostaae
Guessing doen not work. You need to perform tests to find out. Get a testlight ready and have you done as advised?

Acostaae
K I replaced the starter bypassed it to make sure while key is front and on nuetural n starter just runs by it self. Could it be the flywheel. But it still don't crank. But starts when u push Start it.

Acostaae
And battery is good.

Acostaae
How did you bypass the starter?

Lol. K im sure a perfessional wouldn't recommend it 0: ) but with a screw driver to both bolts. But only did it two times I didn't want to burn it out

Acostaae