FUEL PUMP

1997 Honda Ballade • 4 cylinder Automatic • 150,000 miles

I have a Honda Ballade 150 luxine automatic and I have changed the fuel pump but it does not seem to pump. Should the fuel pump arm be connected to something in its housing as there doesn't seem to be anything making the arm go up and down in the housing. Thanks
Adrianj

The mechanical pump is driven by a cam lobe, you may have to take the pump out and look inside with a mirror to help locate the cam, you may have hooked the lever under the cam by mistake.

Mhpautos
Mechanical pump on a '97 vehicle? That model is not sold here but there is nothing that new using a mechanical pump.

Wrenchtech
As he mentions a fuel pump arm, I only surmise it is a mechanical pump.

Mhpautos
Probably referring to fuel gauge float.

Wrenchtech
May well be. Well if he responds we may get some further info. We don't have that model here in Aust, so I am not real sure what he is looking at.

Mhpautos
If the engine is carburetted, it would use a fuel pump. There are still many such vehicles being sold around the world. Ballade is not a US model.

This car is a Civic sold in Euro markets and it is fuel injected

Wrenchtech