I HAVE A NOV 97 4WD AND NEED TO REPLACE THE LEFT HAND CV AXEL IT WONT COME OUT AND I THINK THERE IS A CLIP OF SORTS

1997 Holden Rodeo • 408,000 miles

I have recently discovered that I need to replace my front left hand cv front axle on my november 1997 holden rodeo I cannot remove the axle from the diff to replace it
Kwild17

At what point are you in the removal process?

I have removed the shaft and are trying to get it back in. Do we have to drop the diff to get the new shaft in.

Kwild17
It should push in and click into place. Make sure everything is aligned properly.

I have but the plate which bolts onto diff we had to detach it because the bearings were stuffed so we have replaced the bearings and put it back together but because we rotated the plate to get it off we cannot get it back on re assembled

Kwild17
Joe, these are not like a conventional push in drive shaft, I will see if I have a manual and check the installation procedure, the L/H axle on these are a super pain in the **** to do.

Mhpautos
Thanks for the info.

We dropped the diff and everything is going alright now putting back together (if you have a bull bar on you need to remove it) the rest is easy

Kwild17
Bull bar?