I HAVE AND ONE DAY I CAN DRIVE ALL OVER AND WONT DIE BUT CAN DRIVE 20 MIN AWAY AND SHUT OFF TURN IT ON AND SHUT OFF AGAIN BUT WHEN I WENT TO GO HOME IT CRANKED FIRED OFF THEN DIED THEN IT JUST CRANKED AND WOULDNT START LET IT SET FOR AN HO

1997 GMC Safari • 220,000 miles

I did a tune up catalytic converter gas cap oil change but I droveall over one day and the next drove 20 min shut it off 3 different times but the third time went out to start it and cranked it over it fired and died waited an hour then it started drove it the rest of the night no problem then today drove 14 min then drove home and a half hour later drove 7 min to town went start it it cranked fired off and died and now it wont start but I also notice that sometimes it cranks a little before it starts and sometimes it fires right so any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks
Motomom

Check your fuel pressure first. You migh thave an ijector problem as those tended to crack and poppet valves went bad on them.