HOW TO REPLACETAC AND SPEEDOMETER GAGE

1997 GMC C1500 • 168,000 miles

Tac and speedometer not working
Zandra

Check your speed sensor before replacing speedo. Also check for blown fuses as well

I did both and nothing still dont have a tac or speedometer thats working

Zandra
There is aplastic panel that goes around these, check for screws then pry it off the dash. Then tehre are screws that hold the two guages in take those out. Remove gauges.

Is there any kind of pictures you can email on how to remove the dash so I can see how it done step by step

Zandra
This is all we have no pics.
Removal & Installation

1. Disconnect battery negative cable. Remove cluster bezel. On tilt wheel models,  tilt wheel to farthest down position. On models without tilt wheel,  it may be necessary to lower steering column to remove bezel.
Remove electrical connectors for headlight switch,  dimmer control and accessory connectors. Remove cluster retaining screws.
2. Touch hands to ground to discharge static electricity before removing instrument cluster. DO NOT touch circuit board pins. Remove cluster. To install,  reverse removal procedure.