GEO TRACKER ENGINE PROBLEM

1997 Geo Tracker • 80,000 miles

When car warms up, engine idle is too low, when driving and slowing down the engine will stall after pushing in the clutch. 1.6l injected 4sp manual rear wheel drive. Ihave used cleaner to remove some carbon on throttle valve and it helped did fix the problem

It is fixed?

No, its not fixed, but it improved a little. Sorry about the mistyping.

Ajpittman
Its ok, just confusing.

Could be a bad idle air control motor which regulates the idle. Check the passages when it is removed for the same carbon build up at the throttle body

I did this a few minutes ago, some carbon deposits, check ohms on the valve, 18-21 ohms reading, I re-connected everything and it doesn't idle at all now or too low then it does.? Check out some of your sites videos, helpful but the repair seems to be going backwards, its my daughter's "new" car, looks nice. But its killing the budget. A new IAC goes from 300-550, too much.

Ajpittman
That is most likely the failure. Look on e bay, rock auto, autozone and advanced auto for other pricing