ROUGH IDLE

1997 Ford Taurus • V8 FWD Automatic • 169,000 miles

Have a 1997 ford taurus sho I was wondering what could be causing a rough idle, I have changed plugs did visual inspection of coil packs so I know that could still be problem but I have changed iac valve also still jumps
i was wondering if its either one of these pcv valve, fuel filter, or gas cap when I fill up my gas cap feels loose there is no clicking or anything when I put it back on plz help
Kevinloken

So it could be any one of those things u mention?

Kevinloken
Do you hav a check engine light? Could be check and test

No check engine light it just jumps from 600 rpm to 500 back up to 600 while im at a stop light and sometimes it chugg's when im driving but its just weird how the lights dim or surge with the idle

Kevinloken
Clean the idle air control valve, EGR/PCV valves and clean the MAF sensor with an electronic cleaner CRC

Oh ok I recently bought a new iac valve and didnt notice anything different, how do I clean egr valve and maf sensor?

Kevinloken
Carb cleaner on the EGR valve/port and for the MAF sensor use an electronic cleaner CRC-check Radio Shack or Electronic shops

So if there is something wrong with one of those parts would that cause lights and all that fun stuff to dim in and out with idle or would that prob be battery cause I put in new alternator in sept but I did notice I think battery not right size cause that clamp which holds battery in place is on where its supposed to be but I can lift battery right out of there?

Kevinloken