WHY DOES MY CAR START/STALL UNLESS I AM GIVING IT GAS AFTER I CHANGED MY MANIFOLD?

1997 Ford Mustang • 200,000 miles

I have just replaced my intake manifold on my '97 Mustang & I now have the following symptoms:
Low Idle
Start/Stall
Temp Gauge now working
Overheating
A/c not working
What am I supposed to do? I read none forum that said I could have a pinched wire; but I do not see how or where this could happen. I have the free hanging plenum & no wires run through the manifold area itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All I wanna do is get her back on the road properly.
Mustang_Freeq

Check for vacuum leakages for the low idling.
As to the A/C etc not working and overheating, have you checked the fuses?
Did you miss out any ground circuit connections?

I am not sure; someone told me it could be a pinched wire; but I am not sure where I coulda done that

Mustang_Freeq
I know I hooked everything back up as it came off. Other than that I am not sure as to the grounds if they are hooked up or not; but I would suppose so. The thing is that everything worked fine before I changed the manifold. The only thing I did that wasn't by the manual was disconnect the battery.

Mustang_Freeq
Ground circuits are bolted to some part of the engine so if any was disconnected while removing bolts, they could have been missed out.

As to the overheating and A/C not working, it could be a blown fuse so did you check as I suggested? Sometimes jumping the gun makes you go round in circles. Always start with the basic. A blown fuse would prevent the cooling fans from working and this would result in overheating and tha A/C not working. Btw recheck the wiring connectors that you disconnected. Check if any had been interchanged. Note the wire colors.

You mentioned disconnecting the battery. That can result in low idling as computer memory is erased and needs to relearn. During this time the idling would not be stable and might stall. One way of expediting it is to get the throttle body cleaned to eliminate air flow restriction due to dirt accumulating.

I understand what you're saying; but I have hooked all things up & like I said the only thing I DID NOT DO was unhook the battery. But like I said before, I was told it could a pinched wire causing all these problems. I am just trying to figure out where I could've pinched a wire under or around the manifold. That's what I really need help with; because if that's not the problem than it is going to Pep Boys to get fixed.(For no less than $200.00)

Mustang_Freeq
And it not Temp gauge now working; it is Temp Gauge not working. Daggum big fingers & bad eyesight.

Mustang_Freeq
Lol. I read it as the battery was disconnected. For the temp gauge not working, I understood it as a typo and understand the situation.

Have you checked the fuses?

Here's the thing, everything was fine until I changed the manifold; which had to be done.

Mustang_Freeq
Let us start with the basics. Temperature gauge first. The attached schematic shows the temperature sending unit wiring. Unplug the connector and use a wire to ground the Red/White wire. Turn ignition switch on and if the gauge works, either the switch or ground circuit is bad. If gauge works, do not keep ignition switch turned on for more than 3 seconds.

Why don't you want to answer my question?
If you do not want to answer, I would not be able to help you.

Page 1 of 4