WONT ENGAGE INTO GEAR

1997 Ford Explorer • 198,000 miles

So few days ago I was driving and my O/D light started flashing, then torque converter started to engage my gears hard and started to slip to the point where I was just revving for a few seconds when I got to 3rd gear, so I pulled over and checked my transmission dipstick incase my that was caused by low oil levels in the transmission, anyhow the oil level was fine but to my surprise instead of a red coloured atf fluid I had a black coloured water/oil substance, so I got a tow truck to take my car home. Yesterday as I pulled the transfer case off, then removed the gearbox aswell as the torque converter, the inside of the torque converter seemed like it was just sliding around loosely as if it were broke, so I replaced both the transmission and t/c with second hand parts and plumbed everything back up, filled it with fresh oil etc etc, but now when I start my car up I have a whining sound as if a pulley bearing is on its way out and it wont engage into any gears, the revs drop a tiny bit as if it were engaging but thats all the happens.
Faualii_15

Sounds like either the front pump or the torque converter. Unfortunately, it a big chance using junkyard parts.