FORD EXPLORER IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE PROBLEM

1997 Ford Explorer • 180,000 miles

My vehicle stalls. I have replaced the MAF sensor, fuel filter, and c?Eaned out the idle air control valve. It wouldn't idle until I clean the idle air control valve. It idles fine until you put it in gear and then it stalls unless you give it more than a quarter pedal of gas. My check anyone light is not on
Treystewart

Have it scanned for soft codes. These won't set the CEL. Check the fuel pressure.

Rivermikerat
First eliminate all vacuum or air leaks in the system. You may have a bad IAC ( idle air control) but try cleaning the throttle body first. Remove the intake snorkel, have someone hold the throttle wide open for you and scrub the back side of the throttle plate and surrounding bore with an old tooth brush and some carb cleaner. Be sure to spray some into the small holes next to the throttle plate. That should help stabilize the idle. If it still has a problem, replace the IAC.

Wrenchtech