NO CRANK ONE CLICK

1997 Ford Explorer • 160,000 miles

Car sat for three years, was told it ran great til the starter went out and then it was parked. When I bought it it had been sitting 2-3 years without a starter. It looked like it was in great shape. New starter, battery, new cables, new solenoid, missing a relay in the fuse box under the hood. For some reason when you turn the key, solenoid thumps or clicks once, a relay under drivers dash clicks once as well. Can't hear the fuel pump, or the starter warm up. No crank at all. Seems as though a couple relay slots are not getting power at all in fuse box under hood up against fire wall drivers side when checked with a light tester. Grounds are clean all cables and wires are clean and tight. Seems as though starter is not getting enoughhh power all though I don't know why. Meter says it has over 12v. Need help bad plz. I desperately need to find what's wrong so that it can be fixed.
Rjhayes75

Need some more detail. Where and when are you measuring this voltage? During attempted cranking or just standing still? You need to read the meter further to at least one decimal place. 12.0 volts at the battery is bad. 12.6 volts means the battery is fully-charged. 12.2 volts means it's good but discharged.

Ford has had a lot of problems with battery cables that corrode under the insulation where you can't see it. Measure the voltage right at the starter while a helper turns the ignition switch to "crank". If it drops to less than 9.6 volts we need to locate a bad connection.

Got that fixed. It was the wires. Cranks all day now but now start. Cant hear the fuel pump come on.

Rjhayes75
You mentioned a relay that appears to be missing, but if it was running okay three years ago the most likely suspect is a tight or failed fuel pump. Sometimes banging on the bottom of the gas tank while a helper is cranking the engine will get them going.