FORD CONTOUR EGR VALVE PROBLEM

1997 Ford Contour • 120,000 miles

***Story***
I have a Ford Contour SVT, 6 cylinder. It has had issues before, but I live on an Air Force base and was able to get it fixed. The service has been terminated and I can no longer fix it. I do not want to get deployed and leave my wife with a broken vehicle. I left it outside for a week and when I came back to use it, the car would not start at all. It just cranks giving the whiring sound until the battery dies.

I have:
- Changed the spark plugs
- Spark plug wires
- Recharged the battery

It sounds better, and is getting closer but still no turn over. The spark plug gaping I got from O'Reilly's so I know it was professional.

***Extra****
I did notice that the EGR valve has a snapped vaccum tube but I don't know where to place it because there are two corresponding female ends which have snapped as well. The top tube looks as if it's connected to nothing and is just an auxillary cosmetic end and the bottom tube is a different shade of color than the EGR valve's tube. None the less, I do not believe that the EGR valve is playing a role in preventing this vehicle from starting.

Go to this walk thru link for more information: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start