2500

1997 Dodge Van • V8 2WD Automatic •

I have a 1997 Dodge 2500 Van with a 5.2 engine. It won't start. It wants to but just won't stay running. I have replace computer, fuel pump, timing chain and gears distributor cap, roter button, pickup coil, coil, spark plugs. And fuel injectors. Still won't start. One advise was that the new plugs have like a black sut on them. And I was told that the fuel is being injected to late. How can this be corrected?
Thank you
Casharoonie

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing belt/chain.