WONT START

1997 Dodge Ram • 5.2L V8 4WD Automatic • 272,000 miles

When I go to crank it it will try to start but won't turn over and the fuel pump won't shut off.
Karbubbles

Check to see if fuel pump relay is sticking or stuck. It in power dist center underhood. Then scan for codes.

How do I fix the stuck relay cuz that's what it sounds like

Karbubbles
You take the relay out and try a new one if it still does it then you have to see why it is still being powered up. Normally a short of some kind doing it.

Okay so the relay is fine. Its getting power. And my dad think that the engine just isn't getting a spark. Like maybe a spark plug?

Karbubbles
So the new fuel pump has like 50 pounds of pressure it just won't shut off. And the relay is good works

Karbubbles
Ther ehas to be a hot wire keeping the fuel pump relay going it could be in the fuse box as well. Try unplugging the asd relay first. If it still continues it may be the pcm is keeping it on. Then check the ground for the pcm it shold be around it.

Okay someone told me that the fuel pump runs all the time cuz is ram off the alternator instead of the battery

Karbubbles
No It only runs with key on

Yeah then turn off once it pressurized right? Or is it when u start the car it turns off after it pressurizes

Karbubbles
Actually no it pressurizes when you turn key on initially then runs to keep pressure up