2 NEW FRONT CALIPERS, BRAKES AT 50% CAPACITY

1997 Dodge Neon • 98,000 miles

I purchased a 1997 Dodge Neon. I put 2 new tires (they put them on the rear) new struts, tie end rods then 2 new front calipers & brake pads. Then a new master cylinder. I have no brakes. I've torn my ACL it feel like, pumping the brakes while my x husband bleeds all 4 tires, starting at the rear right. The rear right brake won't release all the way to the floor or the front driver's side, when I would pump 3 times then hold the brake peddle. I've already returned 1 new driver's side caliper, thought maybe I was sold a bad one but it's the same. 50% braking power. What can I do? My X husband is a mechanic. He has a vacuune pump for the bleeding but keeps making excuses. Should I pay a mechanic to try to fix my brakes or is it a simple fix? If I have to bleed the brakes 1 more time I think I'll scream.
But the car is getting 30-34 MPG!
Luvmyhoss

Check the brake pedal to booster push rod adjustment. There should be minimal free play. If the push rod is not correctly adjusted, brake fluid cannot return therefore you are not able to bleed the system correctly. If vehicle is equipped with ABS, the modulator might need attention.

The brake pedal not releasing to the floor means the wheel that you are bleeding are the onnes causing the problem.