I SUBMITTED A QUESTION OVER SEVERAL HOURS AGO, AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY ANSWER TO MY QUESTION. APPROXIMATELY, HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE TO RECEIVE AN ANSWER TO QUESTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED?

1997 Dodge Intrepid • 109,112 miles

I submitted a question over several hours ago, and have not received any answer to my question. Approximately, how long does it usually take to receive an answer to questions that have been submitted?
Lostinzoo2003

I searched all over and can't find an unanswered question for an Intrepid. What was the question? Did you include sufficient details? Some people won't take the time to respond if they have to guess at the symptoms or type a response that covers every possibility. As an example, "doesn't start" is as useless as saying "I'm in pain, ... Why?" Some people ask about running problems then don't bother to post the engine size or mileage. My favorite is knocks and clunks we're supposed to identify over a computer.

Some questions are well-stated but just don't have a simple answer. No one will reply with an "I don't know". They'll just move on to the next one. To answer this question, it takes me from one to 30 minutes to type replies to ongoing conversations, then I check to see if any new questions were posted that I know the answer to. If not, then I check for automated e-mails directing me to previous conversations that need a followup or more research in a service manual. When there's nothing new there, I work on my web site for automotive electrical students, instructors, and do-it-yourselfers. When I get wrapped up in typing articles, it can take a couple of hours before I come back and see the new questions. As you can see, I can get long-winded and you won't see my reply until I post it. I try to give as much relevant information as possible in my first reply, then other peoples' replies show up first and it looks like I'm butting in on their conversations. If I post a simple one-sentence reply, some get offended and think I don't care enough to elaborate.

So to answer your question, it can take minutes, hours, and sometimes days before the right person with an answer sees your post and replies.