REAR SPARK PLUG REMOVAL ON GRAND ES 3.8

1997 Dodge Caravan • 6 cylinder AWD Automatic • 147,000 miles

Ok.I successfully changed the crankshaft position sensor and the front three plugs/wires.
1. Went to remove the rear 3. Many said just put it up on ramps and then go from underneath. Tried that and cannot even see, let alone get my arm up there to feel two out of the three plugs.
2. Removed the wiper box assembly thinking maybe I could get at them this way. Didn't even help at all after taking the 20-30 minutes to do this.
3. Removed the alternator bolt connected to the intake plenum to be able to swing back the bracket and possibly change the far left plug (passenger side). After about 30 minutes of wiggling the wire I finally got it off.
4. Put a plug socket on it to remove plug but couldn't get a wratchet in there to turn it so I decided to pull it out. But now the stupid rubber insert on the plug socket is holding it onto the plug and I thus far have been unsuccessful in getting it off. Aagghh!
5. I thought maybe I could remove the plenum so I took out the four front bolts holding it on and removed the two bolts holding the metal pipe going to what looks like the exhaust. But not sure.
6. Can wiggle the plenum but there appears to be all kinds of wires, tubes running along the back of the plenum that are connected to the plenum that I cannot see but can feel. These are all holding the plenum from lifting off of the manifold. I am going to bolt the plenum back on and just try to get the plug socket off until I am successful, unless you have other suggestions or some step by step instructions to help.

I know I should never have tried to get those stupid rear plugs out on my own! AARRGGHH!

Cleenman

From underneath need swivel ratchet 4" extension and palm driver ratchet also boot puller tool

Docfixit