VIBRATING WHEELS

1997 Chevrolet Silverado • V8 4WD Automatic • 76,000 miles

So I just had a 6in lift put on my truck, along with a set of 15x8 wheels with 33x12.5 tires. The lift was put on about 3 months before the tires and wheels were and during that time the truck was running fine. When I had the wheels and tires put on, the rear wheels are now wobbling. Not the front, just the rear ones are wobbling. I had the tires put on and balanced at a local shop, then I had a full alignment done at NTB a couple hours after.

When I noticed that they were wobbling I went to NTB to ask if they knew what it could be and they said that it could either be a balancing problem, driveshaft, etc, but it wasn't an alignment problem. But, I've kind of ruled out balancing as a problem because the tires wobble at all speeds, and I figured that bad balancing would only wobble at higher speeds.

I'll take any advice that I can get. I'm trying not drive it as much but it's my only vehicle, and I have to get to work somehow. I just don't want this to lead to future repairs that I can avoid. Thanks in advance!
Mhimmel

When you say they wobble, are you sure the wheels are properly mounted? Or, can you describe what is wobbling?

Yeah I remounted them myself just to be sure that wasn't it and they still do the same thing.

The whole tire is wobbling. Since they are bigger tires, they stick out of my fenders a little bit and I can see them in my sideview mirrors. That's how I noticed them wobbling.

To describe it, for example, If you are looking at just the top outside of the tire (corner) in the sideview mirror, you can see the tire going in and out.

Mhimmel
You have to have either a bent rim or a tire that has a broken belt. Think about it, the wheel bolts flush on the drum. Unless there is something between the two of them, the wheel or tire has to be the problem. (Unless you have a bent axle) which doesn't sound right. Remove the wheel and tire, place it on a tire balancer and spin it to see if it runs true. I think you'll see the problem is there. Let me know what you find.