TURNS OFF AND SOUNDS LIKE IF AIR WAS ESCAPING

1997 Chevrolet Lumina • 188,000 miles

I'm posting a video to show what it does and the 4th turn on before it turns off the car accelerated by it's self. I posted it on youtube since it didn't let me submit it here this is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqsrQCni3rI
Yannicrisantos

Sounds like you have avacuum leak from your video. Check the pcv hose to throttle body. And brake booster hose they may be broken r cracked. Also check to make sure your air duct has no hole in it leading from air cleaner to the throttle body. You can spray choke cleaner around the intake if you can't find any leaks, ubt it shold bepretty easy as it sounds like a major leak.

Can you show me a picture of the pcv hose to throttle body?

Yannicrisantos
Here is a pic. It may be broken right at throttle body as it's plastic hose so it is aged and easily broken.

I found what was the problem but I don't know what is called is says pecv.

Yannicrisantos
The item with the green arrow is what is wrong with it. Do you know the name of it?

Yannicrisantos
That's the pcv hose, what I was tellin gyou to check

Yeah I took that off when the engine was running and it did the same so I'm guessing that's it would you happen to know if this is the part

Yannicrisantos
Is it called PCV value?

Yannicrisantos
Any auto parts stor woudl have it and probably just as or cheaper. But teh plastic piece leading to the throttle body is very fragile and can break off at the throttle body so check that as well.