TRANSMISION STUCK IN THIRD GEAR

1997 Chevrolet Blazer • 121,000 miles

My blazer has a check engine light that is on and the codes that have come up are p0740, p0785, p0753, p0758 and p1860. The key will not turn back to the off position as well. I have looked at the ignition for any signs of shorted wires etc. All I realy noticed that the acutator has a little crack in the plastic and the button does not seem like its spring loaded. Every once and a great while the transmision will work ok and the key will come out on its own. The transmission fluid level is correct and looks to be ok.
Tommytrue

Those are all transmission codes, check to see if you have broken wires at trans connection or it's unhooked for some reason. Otherwise check fluid level an dhave a trans guy look at it.

Yes they are. The transmission seems to be in safety mode by staying in third gear and with the ignition not turning all the way back to the off position makes me think it could be connected. Its just realy weird that I would have all five codes thrown at me all at once.

Tommytrue
Check your ignition switch it may be bad causing this. Also if it doesn't do it cold and shifts fine then it's a transproblem like a cracked case/valve body.

I checked the connections at the transmission and the connections seem to be ok. The transmision is always in third gear but it seems to me that when the key turns back to the off position properly it shifts fine the next time I drive it.

Tommytrue
I have the floor shift model. Is there a switch or somthing at the shifter that controls the locking mechanism at the ignition

Tommytrue
There is aone on fthe column but it sounds like your switch is bad. But this shold be replaced by a pro so you don' t screw up air bag system