1993 CHEVY 3.1 COOLANT FITTING

1997 Chevrolet Beretta • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 97,000 miles

My son's Beretta (97K miles)started to leak coolant in the drivway when I was not home. Car was just sitting from what I was told. Later when I got home, I jacked up the front end passenger side from front, coolant runs out of a rubber elbow that points down. This elbow comes out of the firewall below the sterring rack. The recovery bottle has fluid in it but cannot tell if some ran out. Bottle is fogged.
What is the elbow fitting coming out of the firewall?
Why if there coolant coming out of it while jacked up?
Tektools

It sounds like the heater core has sprung a leak and the coolant is drainig through the condensation drain.

Wrenchtech
Thanks for the reply. I'll order a new core and get the dash apart. I should have know it was from the heater drain, being upside down when looking at it, I thought the elbow was at the top of the heater. Getting old.
As for the engine side, looks like I got to loosen two (2)compression fittings.

Tektools
You don't have to remove any of the dash on that one. There is a tray under the dash that is removed.

Wrenchtech