REPLACE COMPUTER AND IDLE ARM NECESSARY AT SAME TIME?

1997 Cadillac SLS • 160,000 miles

Car would not start immediately and backfired, this happened a few times, needed to turn motor over 3 to 5 times to get it to start. Once car started, car ran without issue. Pressure good from fuel pump and has new filter, told that computer was bad, replaced computer, then told that idle arm would not adjust. Told to replace idle arm as well. Is it possible that both parts could fail at the same time or was it the idle arm all along? Was replacement of computer needed?
Garythegreat

You were told to replace the computer, which I am assuming is the PCM, for an extended crank? Idle arm is non-existant, do you mean the idle air control valve? After this was all replaced, is the problem corrected? Chances of them both being bad, with the symptoms you are describing, are probably not true. Unless the idle control valve was completely closed, it more than likely would not start, and if it was otherwise, it would have idle concerns, high or low. I am curious if the car is fixed.

Factoryjack