HAVEN'T CHANGED OIL IN 9 MOS. TODAY CAR INFORMATION PANEL SAID LOW OIL PRESSURE TURN OFF ENGINE. HAD PLENTY OIL IN IT~NEEDED CHGED!

1997 Cadillac Deville • 164,000 miles

Due to losing my job haven't changed oil in 8~9 mos. But always kept check on it to make sure had plenty oil in it. Today information panel with lots of "dinging bells" said turn off engine~low oil pressure. We are changing the oil but is it ok to drive it 6 miles round trip to get the oil/filter etc? Of course I wouldn't hold it against ya's if something happened I just wanna know cause we had to drive it 6 miles after the bells & warning started. Thx <><
B&S4Yeshua

If I were you check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge Could be the oil pressure switch-Do you hear any type of knocking noises both upper and lower part of the engine?

Nah, No knocking noises. Whew! But went out today drove to the store 4 miles round trip from home and guess what. No bells ringing. No warnings on info panel dash. Wow, thx so much for ya's answer & God Bless <><

B&S4Yeshua