FAILED OIL PUMP OR WORSE?

1997 Buick Lesabre • 167,000 miles

My 97 Buick LeSabre cut off on me after driving it for less than a mile. I noticed that the car was leaking oil in the driveway, so I was on my way to a mechanic when the oil pressure guage started fluctuating and slowly dropping. I put oil in the engine and when I checked the dipstick I found that the engine was full of oil, past the max point. So I proceeded to drive it, but not even 2 minutes afterwards the oil pressure guage continued to drop and I began to hear a knocking in the engine. I tried to make it back home, but the car cut off on me about a mile from my house.

At first the engine would turn over and then cut right back off, now it won't turn over at all. I recently replaced the camshaft position sensor and got a new battery. The oil pressure guage currently sits in the red. I don't have the money to take it to the shop, so I need detailed advice so I can fix it myself. Scraping the car is not an option. I have access to a DIY garage equipped with every tool I could possibly need. I have been told that the problem could be the oil pump. I want to make sure this is correct so I don't have to continue to spend time fixing the vehicle, I need it up and running by Wednesday. It's got 167K miles on it. Once I replace the oil pump, will the car be fully functional? Are there any other things possibly malfunctioning? If so, what else could be causing these problems and how do I go about repairing the car? Thanks for your reply.
Qarlo

Check the oil pressure first.
The knocking noise means you could have damage to the con-rod bearings and if that is the case, replacing the oil pump alone is not sufficient.

The car has zero oil pressure.

Qarlo
The gauge in vehicle could be wrong. You need to fit a pressure gauge to confirm.

What do you mean by fit a pressure gauge?

Qarlo
There are pressure gauges available that is fitted to the port of the oil pressure sending unit to test the pressure.