MAP SENSOR BAD?

1996 Toyota Corolla • 164,000 miles

My car idles really high, 1600-1800 rpm. I sprayed carb cleaner around all my vacuum lines an gaskets to try to find a leak and cane up empty handed. If I unplug the MAP sensor while the engine is running, the idle drops to 1000-1100. The IAC valve was tested and turned out to be good. Is the MAP sensor bad or what else am I supposed to check.
Dansfraz

No, map good. You either have a vacuum leak, stuck throttle body or bad idle air control motor. How did you test it?

I didn't physically test it myself, I went to a shop and they ran a test and said it was. Now Im starting to think I may have been lied to just because they couldn't figure it out. Is there a visual way to see if the TB is stuck? And short of a smoke test, whats the best way to find a vacuum leak?

Dansfraz
No visual way as 1/32 of an inch will cause this.

Listen for a vacuum leak. Otherwise get a new shop to help you.

How do I test my Idle air control valve?

Dansfraz
You cannot unless you have a scan tool. It is a process that activates it and retracts it to test.