MY CAR JERKS WHEN I ACCELERATE

1996 Subaru Legacy • 30,000 miles

Hello, I have a Subaru legacy 1996. Whenever I accelerate my car jerks and when ever I pull my foot off from accelerator my car starts to jerk.

Is the check engine light on or codes in the computer?

Djcl
Ck all your motor mounts

Cadieman
No check engine light is not on but can you tell me something about codes, how to check them and what exactly is motor mounts and where it is?

Mounts are rubber blocks used to isolate the engine and transmission from the vibrations. To check engine codes your best bet is to have a repair shop tap into the computer or some shops do it for free.

Djcl
Most parts stores will do it for free

Cadieman
Thank you for reply. Yes I have changed mounts both of engine and gear box one.I live in ksa so the codes facility is not available for me, I just want to tell you that even my rpm needle goes up and down I think this is the main problem why my car jerks. I hope you can help me.

Jack it up and check for loose wheels. Push and pull the rim at 9 and 3 oclock. Then at 12 and 6. Watch the steering componates for being loose. Turn the drive wheels back and forth also. Listening for a noise.

Cadieman
The jumping spedo may be related to the jerking. You will need a scanner to diagnose this. Might be best to bring it to a trusted repair shop

Djcl