NO POWER AT ALL

1996 Saturn SL2

Car was running perfectly. One day turned ignition off, and door locks wouldn't work. Then noticed dome light didn't work. Battery tests at 12.5v; main cables ends look fairly good, just a little corrosion. Absolutely no electrical whatsoever. What can possibly be wrong?
Dwndschtl

So do your dash light's come on when you turn the key on?Have you checked all your fuse's inside and outside?AS far as the dome light door lock's etc go I would see if your body fuse is blown in the inside fuse box if that fuse is blown it wouldn't start as well. SO does anything work blower fan etc?The more details the better.

What part of "no electrical whatsoever" doesn't work for you? There is NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH. No dome light, no door locks, no cigarette lighter, no fan, nothing. The ONLY indication of power is the needle of the multimeter when attached to the battery. Help.

Dwndschtl
Alright im not there to see what has power and what doesn't there is no need to get all worked up and smart.I'm here to help you not fight with you so have you had your battery tested?Besides the surface voltage test one under a load?Also have you checked all the fuse's to make sure there is power to both side's of them especially the large green maxi fuse's in the under hood fuse box?That way we can see if there is power getting into the fuse boxes. Let know what you find and if you really want help please don't get smart with me when I ask you a question i'm not there and just trying to get a visual idea of whats going on with your car. Some people's idea of no electrical is different then others.

Sorry to have bothered you; I'll just spend the extra $ and let the pros handle it. BTW, if I were so very smart as you accuse me of being, I wouldn't have to ask you.

Dwndschtl
Your not bothering me i'm trying to help you I gave you a starting point to work thru this problem with you. Your response when I asked you So do your dash light's come on when you turn the key on?Have you checked all your fuse's inside and outside?AS far as the dome light door lock's etc go I would see if your body fuse is blown in the inside fuse box if that fuse is blown it wouldn't start as well. SO does anything work blower fan etc?The more details the better. You said What part of "no electrical whatsoever" doesn't work for you?I took that as you being a smart ass when I just asked you a few question's I needed answer's too.I also explained why I thought that way and didn't think I deserved that when I was just trying to help you with your car.I also gave you some other thing's to test and get back to me with to help you find your problem. Maybe I miss understood your response but to me it seemed like you were being a smart ass. If I was wrong about your intention's with your answer of What part of "no electrical whatsoever" doesn't work for you?I'm sorry and would like to help you with your problem but you can see how a response like that could be taken the wrong way.I have worked for saturn for over 16yrs and i'm a factory trained saturn tech so if you still want the help I would be more then happy to help you out.