STARTING MY CAR

1996 Saturn SL1 • Automatic •

When I go to start my car it just makes a click sould it dont even try to start. All the inside and out lights work even the air.
Blyon74

So is the starter clicking?Have you had the battery tested?Also have you made sure the battery cable's are clean and tight?Also do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

When I turn the key it makes a click. Replaced the starter I've had the battery jumped whichis only a year old. I got off one night at 12 got about a mile up the road and all of a sudden it just quit the lights radio and heat still worked tho.

Blyon74
Even though the battery is only a year old I would still have it tested it could be bad. SO what is clicking when trying to start it?The starter?Also make sure the battery cable's are clean and tight it take's a lot more power to operate the starter then the radio and light's. So the car died while driving?When you tried to restart it it just clicked?I would also have the alternator tested. You also said you have had to jump it leading to think it's the cable's battery alternator or a combo of a few thing's.

I believe it's the starter clicking. I've been told that it could be my motor locked up or a cylinoid I have no way to test any thing on it

Blyon74
Ok the starter click's did you have the battery tested?Did you make sure the battery cable's are clean and tight?All you have to do to see if the engine is locked up is get a 21mm socket and breaker bar or a wrench and see if the bolt that hold's the crank pulley on turns clockwise. If it does your going to need a multimeter to figure this one out.